Tuesday 29 January 2013

TRAINER MANIA!


Early doors: my Puma trainers from a couple of years back.

Unlike most girls, I didn’t grow out of trainers when I left secondary school and instead continued to wear Nike hi-tops and Converse throughout my teens and well into my twenties, which means I'm more excited than most about about spring/summer 13's love affair with sporty shoes.

The 'sports luxe' trend which has been going strong for the last few seasons, first welcomed hi-tops into the luxury fashion remit (hello Isabel Marant’s wedge trainer phenomenon and the much coveted Pierre Hardy beauties), and then it was Opening Ceremony’s collaborations, first with American classic Keds, and then last summer, street-wear favourite: Vans x Kenzo that gave trainers cult status. 
And so it seems this season the trainer trend shows no sign of waning... and the new sporty lace-ups on the fashion block? Brightly coloured running inspired shoes!


Moschino Cheap & Chic sent them down the runway for their spring/summer ’13 collection back in September and it wasn’t long before style mavens from New York to Milan were street-snapped off setting their super chic tailored looks with a pair that wouldn’t look out of place on a treadmill! 
Lucky for me, I already had these colour-popping Puma’s tucked away, and let’s face it they were never going to get any action at the gym! 

Another pair of trainers I’m currently obsessing over, are at the other end of the sporty shoe spectrum, these metallic gold moc croc ‘London’ plimsolls new from Kurt Geiger London. Their cool, slip-on style are just what my boyfriend jeans have been calling out for...  

Kurt Geiger London's 'London' trainers.

To shop Puma’s running shoes click here, and for Kurt Geiger London’s bling plimsolls, click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment