Sunday 2 September 2012

BIRTHDAY TREATS!



My birthday always marks the end of the summer for me and these two lovely pressies from a couple of my friends (who know me very well) are my first foray into autumn/winter '12. 
One of my oldest buddies, Claire Roebuck, bought me a Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in shade 19 Gabrielle. I’ve been after a red lipstick for a while and it’s the perfect hue for my complexion. There’s something really gorgeous about receiving a little luxurious package for your birthday and a Chanel lipstick feels like a grown-up treat. Plus after a summer of wearing lip gloss, I’m ready for some striking lip colour.
And for autumn/winter ’12 red isn’t just for lipstick, it’s one of my favourite colours any way, so I’ll be embracing the trend fully this season. And what a great place to start this glass bead, metal and woven necklace from Zara, bought for me by my pal Louise Nicola, is! I love the mix of matt gold and black with red, and all the tiers and textures it has. This necklace is the perfect piece to throw over t-shirts, and knitwear when the autumn chill sets in. 
Thank you gorgeous girls!   

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday Catherine - I have the same lipstick, it's gorgeous xx

    South Molton St Style

    ReplyDelete