Monday 18 June 2012

ZATCHELS' PASTEL SATCHEL


The pastel satchel I designed for Zatchels earlier this year.




When UK based satchels company Zatchels approached me earlier this year to collaborate on a bag for the season ahead I was super excited! I’d been admiring their traditional designs, in super chic colour combos for a while and was thrilled at the thought of creating a limited edition design myself. 
The idea was simple- to choose the style, colour of leather, and a few finer details, to create a bag fit for a fashion lover’s spring/summer ’12 wardrobe. 
Zatchels were then going to send out the small run of bags to a selection of editors, stylists and bloggers to use during London Fashion Week (and beyond)… no pressure then!
But I have to say the process was pretty painless- for there’s only one colour palette essential enough to cover a bag this season and that’s pastel hues.
I loved the idea of making a feature of the humble satchel’s different panels too, so once I’d narrowed down the colours from Zatchels’ gorgeous (and quite large) colour range, hey presto we were almost there!
Finally, I opted for the 13-inch satchel size, large enough for an iPad, A5 notebook and all those daily essentials but still sleek, chic and not too overbearing. And I was thrilled when a prototype arrived in the post a few days later from their Leicester factory, where the bags are handmade. 
So what do you wear with a multi-colour pastel bag? If you think your options are limited, think again! For au contraire, this pale beauty is in fact very versatile in deed...

With double denim: Gap shirt, MiH Jeans jeans and sandals by Zara.

With brights: Gap tee, skirt by Whistles and Topshop jeweled sandals.

With white tailoring: skirt suit and shirt both by The Kooples, Gap shoes. 

With pastels: vintage top, Gap chinos and floral Keds trainers.

For more gorgeous Zatchels satchels click here.

2 comments: