Saturday 2 June 2012

FIT FOR THE CRICKET PITCH!


Me wearing, cricket jumper by Zoe Jordan, with Fleur B silk shorts and Tibi sandals.  

I’m big into knitwear, in fact I think I own more cardigans and sweaters than I do shoes, well maybe not quite, but I have an ever growing collection all the same; and if money were no object I’d buy the ‘basics’ from Prada and Miu Miu and the style statements from Christopher Kane. He’s also into knitwear and I’ve been obsessing over his cashmere creations since the very beginning- Christopher's picnic checks and crochet collections are amongst my favourites, and I still can’t get enough of his colourful camo and leopard knit stoles, (they’re handmade in Scotland and are perfection).
For spring/summer ’12 the knitwear star of Christopher Kane’s collection is a humble cricket sweater, yes in deed, the London Fashion Week hero has sexed up the British Sportswear classic with heavenly results. In super soft cashmere, the oversized (and sleeveless sweater) was paired with a printed, metallic brocade mini skirt for its catwalk debut and predictably, I wanted one instantly!
…It’s never going to happen. But I don’t have to give up the ghost quite yet as fellow London Fashion Week designer Zoe Jordan also sought the Cricket staple as her inspiration; sending two, cable-knit designs down the catwalk- one sleeveless like Kane, but also a long sleeved, (more practical) version and the best news is, at £350, Zoe’s luxe cashmere and silk mix beauty is a fraction of the price. Now that's good innings!

Christopher Kane's spring/summer '12 cricket knit.

Scoring a piece of the action, Zoe Jordan's cashmere cricket jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment