Monday 25 June 2012

LOCO FOR HUDSON'S LOULOU JEANS!


Hudson's Lou Lou jeans in Ziggy- dark navy with phosphorescent orange stripe, worn with Banana Republic blouse
and Gianvito Rossi sandals. 

As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, I love skinny jeans, they’re smart, easy to wear and an important pillar in my wardrobe. I have favourites, my core jeans which I wear the most (MiH Jeans’ Vienna jean and the Skyline jean by Paige Denim, to name, names) but every so often an amazing new style comes along and despite my countless pairs I have to have them- for 2012 that jean is without doubt Hudson’s LouLous Tuxedo crop skinny!
The newest style from the American denim label (identifiable bizarrely by its British flag logo), the LouLou, was inspired by LouLou de la Falaise, Yves Saint Laurent's muse that influenced the creation of the iconic Le Smoking tuxedo suit. That might sound like a bit of stretch for a pair of jeans, but the androgynous tailored fit (they’re not super skinny) coupled with details like the stitched down front pockets, do make you feel like you’re wearing a sleek trouser over a typical pair of jeans. And then there’s the gorgeous contrast stripe in eye catching phosphorescen (glow in the dark) hues; which in my book, pack equal fashion punch to the many printed styles currently saturating the denim market.
Don’t get me wrong- I love my floral, feather, leopard, snake etc. printed jeans, but the LouLou Tuxedos turn heads in a chicer, more grown-up way and that’s what makes them extra special.
However, there is one catch- in fabulous olive, gorgeous burgundy and ever sleek dark navy, it's almost impossible to choose!


Hudson's Lou Lou jeans in Chopin- olive with phosphorescent yellow stripe.

Hudson's Lou Lou jeans in Manson- burgundy with phosphorescent pink stripe.

Hudson’s LouLou Tuxedo jeans are £230 and available in all colours from Trilogy stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment