Tuesday 1 May 2012

MINIMAL...IT'S THE NEW PRETTY



Naturally I’m a clothes and accessories lover but there’s something about a new piece of jewellery that beats any shoe high in my book. Costume jewellery has its place- for a yard of faux pearls or cluster of colourful jumbo jewels will give you instant fashion pow-wow like nothing else, but it’s the real deal- I’m talking gold and diamonds that get me really excited! And where there’s gold, there are rings- lots of them in my case... eight in fact (I just counted) that I wear everyday- until now. As this week I got my mitts on a Hillier ‘Pretty’ ring...and yes it is... really, really pretty! Made from 18ct gold, it’s the finest gold band I’ve ever seen- so delicate and elegant, adorned in the centre with a tiny (very sparkly) diamond. And it’s the beauty of this simple thing, so marvelously minimal, that has made me re-think my jam-packed fingers, previously very overdressed, so for now I’m paring back, and dare I say it- my hands look far prettier this way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment