Thursday 3 May 2012

THROUGH THE FASHION KEYHOLE: NATASHA LANDA


Accessories Designer Natasha Landa with her personalised Cambridge satchel bag.

Everyone knows somebody who- no matter where they are or what they're doing- always looks amazing! You know the type- its Saturday morning you meet for a local brunch; you turn-up with wet hair, in something that needs ironing and she greets you perfectly groomed, looking cute-as-a-button. 
For me Natasha is that person, (she’s also one of my bestest friends and that brunch scenario happened two weeks ago). In fact, since we met in the Summer of 2002 at the LCF induction seminar (for our fashion foundation course) I don’t think I’ve ever seen her get it wrong! 
Obviously, like every self-respecting follower of fashion, Natasha has a few trend-tragedies in her closet (not literally, I’m sure she’s thrown them out) 
*cough Topshop’s baby-blue combat trousers circa Spring/Summer 2003 cough* 
(I did actually really want a pair at the time. I know, judge away!)
Those one-season wonders aside, Tasha has the kind of style that money totes can’t buy (don’t misunderstand me, she’s more than happy to throw £££ at the situation), but it's her superb eye for detail and individual flare that sets her apart from the crowd. Natasha’s also a bit of a shopaholic, ok a big shopaholic, which she cleverly (or so she thinks) camouflages with her appreciation for beautiful things. Plus she has an 100% failure rate for resisting ‘a good bargain’ when she sees one. Natasha also loves antique fairs, flee markets, vintage shopping and is one of the few people I know who actually understands WTF eBay is all about! 
Now here's a taster of Tasha's style:

Natasha wears: Victoria, Victoria Beckham Spring/Summer '12 dress with Topshop boots
and vintage necklaces. 

Natasha wears: Prada shaggy bolero jacket, Hillier printed tee (just seen), with skirt by Vaudeville & Burlesque,
Rupert Sanderson patent courts and a vintage broach.

Natasha wears: American Apparel tee she hand-beaded, Victoria Beckham Denim black wax-finish jeans,
Converse trains, a Marc by Marc Jacobs watch and vintage necklaces (as before) that she found at an antiques fair.

Natasha wears: Prada knitted dress, See By Chloe perspex heel sandals and (real) bug bangles she 
snapped up at an antiques fair.

Natasha wears: House of Holland Autumn/Winter '11 dress, leather jacket from TK Maxx 6 years ago!
And Topshop suede lace-up boots (as before). 

Natasha wears: Victoria Beckham sunglasses, vintage Burberry trench, Cambridge satchel bag,
and her favourite Topshop wedge boots!

I ASKED NATASHA...

HER VITAL STATS:
Age: 28
Occupation: Accessories Designer for Katie Hillier 
Address: Tufnell Park, London
WHAT INSPIRES YOU WHEN GETTING DRESSED IN THE MORNING?
"The weather! And what mood I happen to wake up in. I might have looked at something in a magazine, or blog or seen someone on the street and think hmmm I could create that look. I do enjoy finding something hidden in the back of the wardrobe I have forgotten about too."
WHO ARE YOUR STYLE ROLE MODELS? 
"Mainly people I see on the street, as working in Shoreditch there is always someone who catches my eye! I LOVE LOVE, LOVE, Mad Men and wish I could dress like they did in the late '50s, early '60s each day but I would sadly be there for hours.....My style icons change weekly (how fickle!) I might like what Kate Bosworth is wearing one day, Alexa Chung (her BFC Awards Christopher Kane dress and FRINGE made me drool for a week!) to Laura Bailey, but always the immaculate Grace Kelly in 'Rear Window'."
WHICH ARE YOUR FAVOURITE SHOPS/LABELS/DESIGNERS? 
"Miuccia Prada (genius), Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton (don't even get me talking about that carousel) , Christopher Kane (fluro & magpie on full alert), Victoria, Victoria Beckham (I want everything!!!), Chanel (oh I need a 2.55 in my life, badly!) Markus Lupfer, Henry Holland, Proenza Schouler, Celine...Shops wise- Dover Street Market is my all time dream!"
WHAT ARE THE MOST TREASURED ITEMS IN YOUR WARDROBE?
"My Victoria Beckham 'Victoria' handbag from the first collection, a vintage '70s Chanel bag that I found in Bologna at a bargain price- it felt like discovering buried treasure, a Day Birger et Mikkelsen evening dress, that I spent a fortune on as a student when I won an award, so it's very special to me because it was a proud moment and my Hillier jewellery (that was recently stolen in a burglary, but soon to be replaced!!) given to me as presents by Katie!"

Behind the scenes at Tasha's house. Thank you for having me gorgeous girl xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm completely agree with her. The weather inspire you what to wear everyday. But It's also depend of my mood. If I wake up so happy I can choose better my outfit. I feel surer of myself.

    Great post a lovely outfitters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what she has done with her American Apaz t-shirt it looks great! Lots of wardrobe envy here!

    ReplyDelete