Friday 14 June 2013

BRITISH SUMMER ESSENTIALS


Me wearing: the 'Sailor T' by Chinti and Parker, with J Crew Liberty print trousers, a Gucci bag and Office shoes.

It’s mid-June, and whilst I’m totally holding out for July and August, experience tells me the absence of a jacket might be as good as it gets in London this summer. But just because the weather isn’t playing ball doesn’t mean you can’t look and feel summery. 
So for summer dressing in the cold, I’m relying on printed trousers (the brighter and more colourful the better), my current faves are this Liberty floral pair by J Crew, a vibrant breton stripe top: Chinti and Parker do them best, check out the coral and orange contrast ‘Sailor T’ I’m wearing above. 
For added summer pizazz, give black and dark bags a rest in a favour of pastel and washed out hues, my pale blue Gucci Soho leather Disco bag fits the bill perfectly.
Ideally we’d all be wearing sandals in June, but I hate soggy toes as much as the next person so I’ve been getting lots of style miles out of my white leather Office sling-backs, which do ok in the rain and keep outfits light and fresh. 

In detail: my Gucci 'soho leather disco bag' in pale blue.

Up close: my Office sling-backs and Liger's paws.

For unreliable UK weather updates, click here.

3 comments:

  1. such a cute look ! truely adore it ! obsessed with that bag too vicsmarketlondon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17 June, 2013

    Florals and stripes! So chic, great outfit.

    xx
    Vestiaire Collective

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit, especially the shoes. I wish I had more whites in my wardrobe but mostly its blacks, greens and browns- I look a bit like a forest! Haha.
    Xx
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete