Tuesday 9 April 2013

SUZANNAH OF NEW QUEBEC STREET


The new Suzannah boutique: 3 New Quebec Street, London W1 7RE.  

London based designer Suzannah Crabb is a celebrity favoruite with over fifteen years in the industry under belt, but despite her high profile clients her new London shop feels like an undiscovered gem!
Suzannah’s offering of vintage inspired ready-t0-wear, bespoke made-to-measure design and bridal makes her eponymous label a unique one, of which I am a big fan.

I’ve admired Suzannah’s work for quite some time and am very excited to report that she now has a boutique in central London: a stones throw from Selfridges on New Quebec Street, W1. 

I popped in to see Suzannah's new spring/summer ’13 ready-to-wear collection (gorgeous prints and beautiful ’50s and ’60s silhouettes in lemon yellow and oyster hues) but couldn’t resist a sneaky peak at the wedding dresses too, which I have to say are absolutely beautiful! I love the ‘Kaleidoscope’ white silk dress (see below), perfect for a contemporary city wedding.

Whilst I was there Suzannah altered my red silk cocktail dress (from a few seasons ago) to make it a perfect fit, it was such a luxurious experience having the designer herself fit my dress. I cannot wait to wear it now!  

SUZANNAH READY-TO-WEAR: 

Elegant silhouettes: new in at the Suzannah boutique.

Original prints: new in at the Suzannah boutique. 

SUZANNAH MADE-TO-MEASURE: 

Me and Suzannah: taking volume from the shoulders of my dress. 

Me and Suzannah: removing excess fabric from the back of my dress for a perfect fit.

SUZANNAH BRIDAL: 

The bridal suite: at Suzannah's boutique. 

Vintage Cinderella shoes: perfect for any Suzannah bride.  

SOME CURRENT SUZANNAH FAVORITES OF MINE:

From left: '50s Oriental Bloom silk dress, '50s Day Gazar dress in Watermelon Pink, '50s Pin-up dress.

From left: Corset Boudoir black dress, Bead embellished silk dress, Rock & Roll Couture dress.

           From left: Camelia lace vintage wedding gown, Kaleidoscope white silk dress, '30s wedding gown.                      

To see and shop Suzannah's latest collection, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Tks for the new shop, i'll be in London in June & can't wait to visit;) I ran across your blog & am now following, follow me too if you wish:

    http://whosyourdowdy.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete